Akiba Lower School Votes!
What a morning we had in lower school today! As students entered the building, there was a different feeling in the air, surrounded by voting booths and “Hail to the Chief” playing loudly on the speakers. We began our day with The Akiba Pledge, The Pledge of Allegiance, and Hatikvah. Students then were dismissed to voting booths, where they voted for initiatives proposed by each grade level.
Students not only learned in their classrooms leading up to today about the voting process, they got to actually experience the voting process:
- The excited feeling standing in line waiting to cast their ballot
- Being able to vote digitally on ipads on initiatives they may or may not be familiar with
- Receiving their “I Voted” sticker to wear proudly
- Anxiously waiting another day for the results
- 2nd grade students, as part of their social studies unit, even had personalized voter registration cards!
Stay tuned tomorrow for our election results!
Lower School Principal
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Akiba Academy of Dallas
12324 Merit Dr.
Dallas, Texas 75251