Hello, 6th grade!
You are doing so well with Literary Elements, Rhetorical Devices, and lots of new vocabulary that should be in your Personal Dictionary in your Cow Book. Soon we will be moving from this section (reading and terms) to our next one, which will be about writing.
Speaking of writing, I have a little extra credit project you might like! Write a 2-8 page short story called "The Best Hanukkah Ever" or "The Worst Hanukkah Ever". Here are the details:
- Stories must be typed in 12 point font, and double spaced.
- Stories must include ALL of the Literary Elements. Your theme can be implicit or explicit, but I have to be able to figure it out.
- Bonus points if you have illustrations!
- The story can be for any age level.
- Grammar, punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and at least 4 of the 5C's matter! (Creativity, Critical Thinking, Communication, Connection, Collaboration).
- Stories are DUE JANUARY 5, 2017
I can't wait to see with you come up with, you original, gorgeous, intellectuals!